Thursday, September 17, 2009

Golf Day - Stag Night

Today was a golf day - it was the end of the season tournament for the City of Hartford league that I was lucky enough to be invited in (certainly not for my skill). I get to play with my good friend Danny as a partner and with a bunch of other good guys.

We had the tournament and then a dinner and trophies and door prizes; a little golf league with 30 or so guys, rubber chicken dinner, bad jokes and odd prizes (one guy won a bag of zip ties, Danny won a car vac) - but I thoroughly enjoyed it....I really enjoyed it....it was one of those times-of-our-lives moments.

All these moments, the wedding preparations, mornings over coffee, a good phone call with a client, a legal revelation....what a good life it is. So many times we only see the darkness...when all around us is light. Hey, big guy, thanks for all the light (and the rubber chickens in my life).

Jo says Freddie's been cooking all day for the stag....him cooking...for his own stag - what a great kid (what a frugal kid - boy are he and Nikki gonna have some great conversations....). It'll be good to see my friends and Freddie's family and friends....it'll be a fun stag.

Hey, I've never been the father-in-law of the stag guy!
(I'll let you know how it goes...)

No comments:

Post a Comment