Saturday, September 19, 2009

Nothing else

Joanne said it this morning - oh my God - there's nothing else before the wedding. The shower's done; the stag's done....

It's almost like....as long as there is another event, the wedding is still a way's off. Now, with nothing left - its coming - its coming. 2 weeks. Gulp.

Last night was Freddie's stag - I am overwhelmed at the friendship and support I saw there. Freddie's family and friends worked like Taiwanese piece workers - they never stopped, heads down -working-working -filling and refilling food trays, picking up cups and plates, selling raffle tickets, pouring drinks....what fantastic family and friends Freddie has. How lucky he is.

And I was impressed with the number of my friends and family who made the trek to the Elk's Pond - it was not just around the corner - but they came. All I could say this morning was how grateful I am to all the people I care about coming to the stag and showing me they care about me and my daughter.

Every one of them - I won't forget it. and those of you that didn't come...well, all I can say is don't get arrested except during business hours....

No comments:

Post a Comment