Monday, August 31, 2009

Gonna be tough

From all reports Nikki's shower was a success.
She has such great friends & family who really worked hard on it, not forgetting, of course, Nikki's mom. But thanks for all the cookies that simply say "love you" in a bite or two.

I arrived afterward to help transport gifts, and even late, I saw so many people I want to sit and chat with - Cheryl, Leona, Bev, Laurie, Eva's mom - so many people who have been important to Nikki or us - so many people I want to catch up with.

Why don't we do it more often? A quick coffee...a fast pizza...even just a hello on the phone...
Seeing them, flooding me back with such warm memories...

Will we have the chance to spend a little time catching up with our relatives and friends at the wedding? I hope so.

But, its gonna be tough...

No comments:

Post a Comment