Friday, July 17, 2009

Lines, stinking lines

I simply can't say "it's getting close" anymore. But here's what's happening...every one I see, every one I bump into - I think they should come - they should be invited. How do you draw the line? My work friends, basketball friends, old friends, new friends....who's in? who's out? Cousins, second, third and fourth cousins....

The problem is - its not about them - its about me! As we're getting closer and my emotions well up, I want to share this day with everyone. There are very few people who know me that don't know how important my kids are to me. So, they all know Nikki and Jay. They've watched, through me, my kids grow up. If you love me, you love my kids - simple as that - and all my friends do. So they all want to be a part of it and I want all of them there....

So where do I draw the line?
I know its not possible, but all I can think of is that quote from the movies....."Lines? Lines? We don't need no stinking lines...."

No comments:

Post a Comment